- Status: A senior undergraduate student aiming to go to graduate school
- Affiliation: Kitagawa and Amagasa Data Engineering Lab, College of Information Science, School of Informatics, University of Tsukuba
- Address: Laboratory of Advanced Research B 922, Tennodai 1-1-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
- Contact: shintaro.kurimoto [at] gmail.com
Research InterestsMy interests lie around computer science, decision science, behavioral economics, computational social science, and computational psychology. I am dreaming of creating a mechanism or technology that can support decision making based on knowledge in behavioral economics, social science or psychology.
Specifically, I am interested in the following topics and etc.
- User Modeling
- Recommender Systems
- Network Science/Graph Mining
- Human Computation
- Human Behavior Modeling
- Decision Making under Uncertainty
- Bachelor of Information Engineering; College of Information Science, School of Informatics, University of Tsukuba: 2015/04 - 2020/03(expected) Supervisor: Yasuhiro Hayase, Hiroyuki Kitagawa
An Investigation of Class Names Based on Graph Embedding of
Relationships between Program Elements
Shintaro Kurimoto, Yasuhiro Hayase, Hiroshi Yonai, Hiroyoshi Ito, Hiroyuki Kitagawa
The 81st National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan(Non-referred, in Japanese): 2019/03
(Student Encouragement Award)
Machine Learning Engineer Intern,
M3, Inc.: 2019/04 - 2019/04
- Developed a data pipeline for key phrase extraction task.
- Contributed to a data pipeline OSS, gokart.
- Comments by his mentor, Masahiro Nishiba: "I think companies will be welcome if he works with them because he is excellent."
Research and Development Engineer Intern,
2018/07 - 2018/09
- Improved an algorithm used in the recommender system for AbemaTV, popular online TV in Japan.
- Surveyed research papers and summarized them for colleagues.
- Comments by his mentor, Yo Naito: "He played an active role in task setting and had enough coding skills."
Frontend Engineer Intern,
Yahoo! JAPAN: 2018/08 -
- Implemented new functions aimed at solving the problems of existing systems for Yahoo! auction, the biggest auction service in Japan.
- Completed from finding problems to interviewing users.
- Comments by his mentor, Kaoru Kenjo: "He worked fast and voluntarily supported other interns. I want him to join our company."
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology: 2017/06 - 2017/07
- Assisted experiments.
- Comments by his mentor, Ryusuke Hayashi: "He was unfortunately not good at MATLAB but worked enthusiastically."
Data Analyst Intern,
Retty Inc.: 2017/08 - 2017/09
- Discovered trends on user's search behavior.
- Comments by his mentor, Yusuke Kuwabara: "I enjoyed working with him and wanted to work more with him."
Technology Awareness Activities
Life Support Activities
- Student Encouragement Award, The 81st National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan: 2019/03
- Best Campus Award (as a member of MSP Tsukuba team), Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd.: FY18(2017/9 - 2018/6)
- Pitch Contest Victory, at the 1st CHINTAI presents INNOVATION WORLD: 2016/05
- Overseas training financial aid(200,000JPY), College of Information Science, School of Informatics, University of Tsukuba: 2019/03
- Grant Program for Japanese Students(300,000JPY), JGC-S Scholoarship Founndation: 2016/07
- Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider Ex-AID, Kamen Rider Amazons , Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger
- Kingdom, Kaguyasama wa Kokurasetai, The Quintessential Quintuplets
- Soccer, Baseball(Watch only)
- My hometown Hiroshima